SUMMERHILL FUNCTION VENUE offers a picturesque backdrop to your perfect big day. Whether it is a rustic, relaxed vibe you are going for or a grand rustic chic style, the Summerhill team can suit your every need.
Summerhill can accommodate smaller weddings up to 120 guests. Our wedding packages include full use of both our beautiful venue halls – The Cowshed & Tractorshed, as well as the option to have a magical forest ceremony on your special day. All the venues accommodation is included in our Package 2 option.2
Package 1 - Venue Hire Only
- Access to the venue the day and night before the wedding day to set up the halls etc. Access time the day before is from 12pm to 8pm. This does not include accommodation that night, however you are more than welcome to privately book in for the evening.
- 2 Venue halls: The Tractorshed and Cowshed.
- Option of an Outdoor, Forest, Tractorshed or Cowshed ceremony. The forest ceremony is weather dependent.
- 2 firepits (lit and maintained by Summerhill staff)
- Back up Generator (if required)
- Basic kitchen facilities for your caterers. Caterers are to please supply their own gas as this is not provided through the venue.
Package 2 - Venue Hire & Accommodation
- Venue hire as set out in Package 1
- Accommodation for 48 guests on the wedding night only (check in from 12pm and checkout the following day at 11am)
- 2 staff members to assist as waitrons, cleaners etc
- Free complimentary wedding night for the Bride & Groom in our quaint converted grain silo
Accommodation included in this package consists of:
- The Log Cabin, that sleeps 8 and has two bathrooms, a kitchen, open plan lounge and dining room, with all the comforts of home. This unit would suit a large family.
- 4 tastefully converted “Stable” units. Each unit sleeps 2 guests with an en-suite bathroom with shower – towels provided
- 9 converted pigsty style units. These are our homely “pigsty” style units (each with a cell phone charging point) which each sleep 2 guests. These have communal showers and toilets – no towels are provided, guests to supply their own in these units
- 2 converted farm buildings. “Mouse’s house” 1 & 2 and “Hens DenDen” 1 & 2. Each of these units sleep 2 guests and have en-suite bathrooms with showers – towels are provided.
PACKAGE 2 ENSURES YOU HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE VENUE ON YOUR WEDDING DAY.
Please note that we DO NOT include catering for your event into our package prices. This is to be arranged separately by yourself either through us or with your desired catering company.
**Caterers need to supply their own gas facilities.
Having a milestone birthday?
Entertain your guests at our unique & secluded venue.
Summerhill can accommodate up to 48 guests as well as camping options. Your guests can simply enjoy a memorable evening & roll over into their stable to rest.
Enquire now for a tailor made package to suit your every need.
SUMMERHILL FUNCTION VENUE is a new venue where local bands are invited to showcase their music. The venue provides a lovely platform for bands & solo artists to play to a large crowd, in an outdoor festival style atmosphere.
Our aim is to assist bands to gain exposure to the public in the Pietermaritzburg, Greytown, Wartburg, New Hanover & Dalton areas, while having a lot of fun at the same time.
” Should you wish for your band to take part in our events, contact us directly. “
WITH OUR UNIQUE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, Summerhill can guarantee you a Relaxed, Stress free & peaceful experience away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life.
A FEW THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
✓ Summerhill pigsty units do not supply towels to guests
✓ Towels are provided in the cabin, stables, silo, Mouse’s House and Hens den.
✓ We are in the New Hanover area KZN
✓ Summerhill is located along a 7km dirt road stretch
✓ Summerhill requires that only Bio-degradable confetti is to be used
✓ Summerhill prohibits the use of any fireworks
✓ Guests are required to only use designated smoking areas
✓ There is much wildlife surrounding our Beautiful venue& we ask that these animals be respected
✓ We are in the middle of a gorgeous forest, therefor please take care when putting out cigarettes and lighting fires etc.
✓ Summerhill pumps its water directly from our local river, although many locals drink this water, we advise that you bring along extra drinking water for you and your quests in their units. The bar does also sell water should you wish to rather purchase from the venue
✓ From the main road, the closest garage, convenience store and amazing butchery (a must try) in located 3km away
✓ The closest large grocery store is a Spar which is located in Wartburg which from the main tar road is approximately 14km away.